Pages

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Missionary Advent Calendar

My son is serving a full time LDS mission in Lima Peru.  Wow I sure miss that boy.  Anyhow, in order to have a package arrive in time for Christmas, I need to get it mailed before Halloween.  Yikes.  I found a cute idea here. I liked how with some of hers she used quotes or words from Christmas songs.  So I decided to put my own spin on it.  Most of my graphics came from here and some I just copied and pasted from other places.  I like how on the two by two site she had different treats for different days.  I am running out of time so I just got a mixed bag of candy.  I also wanted to have enough for him to share with his companion/roommates.  Often they have 4 to an apartment so I put the treats in multiples of four. Here is a picture of the finished project:

Once I finished with the graphics part, I printed the graphics on cardstock. Then I cut them out. Be sure and leave an edge on the side that you want to be the top so you can fold it down and have something to staple it on with.
On the file with the graphics I typed a small "fold" on the edge that should be folded so it will be easier to remember to not cut that area.  If you happen to cut it, no worries, either just staple it on without a fold on the paper or print out another page. Put the treats in cellophane bags and fold the cellophane top down. Then staple the graphics on and it is ready to go.  My son's birthday is in December, so I also included a little note on the back of the one that he will open on his birthday. I guess it would be fun to randomly hand write a few little love notes.
 
I saved the graphics as a jpeg, so hopefully it will open up and print nicely for you.  If you have any problems, send me an email.  Enjoy your phone call!






 


No comments:

Post a Comment