Pages

Friday, March 17, 2017

Texas Quilt


I just thought I would post real quick a quilt I finished a while ago. I started this when we lived in Texas. I wanted to add a block with a Space Shuttle because that is what brought us to Texas, so I designed one. I am not a very good artist, I kinda keep it simple. So this is how it turned out.


The pattern I used had, I think about 24 squares. I think I lent it out to someone because I cannot seem to find my patterns. I just wanted mine to be 9 squares instead of something huge. The quilt had to include the Alamo and a nod to the bluebonnet fields. The fabric around the borders, I bought that at a shop in Texas years before I actually sewed this together. I just kinda guessed and bought a few yards. I absolutely love the fabric and wished I had bought more. My friend quilted it for me to finish it all off.

I loved our years in Texas! It is such an amazing place to live. The people in Texas are so friendly! Yeah, it's pretty hot in the summer, but the winter and early spring and late fall are amazing. If we had family there I would happily stay there forever.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment